Re: Updating release version to 22.1

From: Jérôme Marant
Subject: Re: Updating release version to 22.1
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:33:49 +0100

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Choosing a new numbering scheme has been discussed for years now,
> without making any decisions on what to do.
>
> So for the moment, I simply decided to use 22.0.50 for the CVS version
> as this is in accordance with the current numbering scheme, and all
> the relevant code assumes this convention.
>
> Adapting to whatever new scheme you decide to use will be trivial.

But would probably require a dedicated version comparision
algorithm to be implemented, which is a complete waste of time.

Almost everyone agreed with using 22.0 because it is obviously
simple and sane. Why trying to make things more complicated
through a non-democratic decision?

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant