Re: 21.4 not tagged in CVS

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 21.4 not tagged in CVS
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:48:57 +0000

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Nobody expected it.  It was a special situation that arose.

I don't think that is a good excuse to ignore CVS and make an ad-hoc
release that is not labelled, nor as far as I can see not even checked
in to CVS.

> The way Richard has described it, I don't think that we can at all
> rule out that a similar situation might happen again.

Which is why it is even more of a concern that this release was so
ad-hoc. There is a danger now that if it happens again, we will lose
the movemail patches.

> The solution would seem to have one branch where critical fixes are
> applied to regardless of whether a release is anticipated.

EMACS_21_1_RC was supposed to be such a branch.