Re: Unicode branch version updates

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Unicode branch version updates
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:46:32 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>> I'd like to commit the following patch to the Emacs unicode branch.
>> It changes unicode-branch version references from "22" to "23", and
>> renames the unicode-branch-specific ChangeLog files to
>> "ChangeLog.unicode" (from "ChangeLog.22").
>
> Thank you for taking care of this matter.  But, I vaguely remember
> that the reason I changed ChangeLog.unicode (I was using it when I was
> working on it locally) to ChangeLog.22 was that if the extention of
> ChangeLog file is not digits, something wrong happened.  I'm not sure
> now.
>
> Could you please commit the changes after you confirm that your or
> Dave's method for automatically selecting a correct ChangeLog file
> name still works?

I use such "non-numeric ChangeLog extensions" -- e.g., in my example
code you quoted, "ChangeLog.tiling" -- regularly for my other branches
with no obvious problems.

If there is a subtle bug I haven't noticed with such ChangeLogs, we
should fix that bug.  The fact that you originally used the ".unicode"
extension originally confirms that it's at least the "natural" name.  :-)

Anyway, I'll do one more brief test with "unicode" in particular and
then commit it.

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!