Re: M-Tab on w32 (and other window systems?)

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: M-Tab on w32 (and other window systems?)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:36:53 +0100

On Tue, Feb 15 2005, Lennart Borgman wrote:

> Thanks, that is very useful! However there was another point in my original
> message: Info only mention Alt-Tab.

Could you be more specific?  Most Emacs info nodes use `M-<TAB>' [1]
and the tutorial explains that you can use ESC instead of M- (Meta):

,----[ C-h t ]
`----

> To me this seems ignorant since on w32 at least Alt-Tab can not be
> used at all. I would appreciate if this was changed.

I don't think this problem is specific to windows.  Probably there are
a lot of Window managers for X11 that bind M-TAB by default.

Bye, Reiner.

[1] C-h i d m Emacs RET i M-TAB RET , , ,
--
       ,,,
      (o o)