GDB startup

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: GDB startup
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:53:28 -0500

I see a significant delay when I start M-x gdb, where the *gdb*
buffer is shown with most of the gdb's startup output displayed, except for
the prompt.  After about 10s, the prompt finally shows up.

I suspect it's due to the new feature "go through all buffers and ask the
gdb subprocess whether it should be put in gud-gdb-minor-mode".  I have many
buffers open, so I guess this loop takes a while.

Would it be possible to "do it in the background", maybe?

        Stefan