Re: Customize buttons that change user's customfileshouldaskforconfirmat

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Customize buttons that change user's customfileshouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:14:40 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>

> In sum:
>
>  - Global buttons and the menu-bar menu apply to all options in the
buffer.
> Their item names include the word "All".
>
>  - A context-sensitive menu (e.g. mouse-3) lets you mark and unmark
options
> and perform Save, Set etc. actions on the marked options. If no option is
> marked, then the menu actions apply to the option under the mouse pointer
> ("current" option).

I any proposal of this kind I think it is important to give the possibility
to use only the keyboard. Some people do not want to use the mouse and some
simply can not use it.

Why not let the menu-bar menu have entries for working with the "current
option". The "current option" could be that where the point is. (I
implemented this kind of functionality in my proposal long ago for a
redressed Custom GUI.)