Re: Tooltips on w32 slow and strange

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: Tooltips on w32 slow and strange
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 02:02:42 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:26:46 +0100, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>> At least the X11 tooltips on Emacs provide no functionality
>> whatsoever except popping up some text in a single font AFAICS.  No
>> face support, no clickable areas, nothing.
>
> Have you tried it?
>
> I've certainly used faces (and CJK characters etc) in Emacs tooltips
> [under X11] and they worked just great.
>
> Hmmm; here's a simple example:
>
>    (x-show-tip
>     (propertize "*** hello ***"
>               'face '(variable-pitch :foreground "green"
>                                      :background "steelblue"
>                                      :height 3.0)))
[...]

Coooool!

(x-show-tip
 (propertize "gnu"
             'display
             (create-image (expand-file-name "gnu.xpm" data-directory) 'xpm)))

Now I have to invent something to have an excuse to use something
like that somewhere.

    Oliver
--
Oliver Scholz               28 Pluviôse an 213 de la Révolution
Ostendstr. 61               Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!