Re: Unicode support for the MS Windows clipboard [new patch]

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: Unicode support for the MS Windows clipboard [new patch]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:09:01 +0100

Hi Tak,

Tak Ota writes:
> I suppose Benjamin is too busy lately.

Sorry about the delay.  I got distracted by that thing they call
"life".  ;-(

> I suspect there maybe some relationship between clipboard operation
> and the memory leak but I don't have conclusive evidence.

I did a systematic code review and couldn't find any problems.

Than I tried to develop a test.  My machine does freeze (more or less)
during a loop of putting data onto the clipboard and retrieving it
with a simple external tool, but only after some hours.  I could not
see relevant memory consumption when I let the loop just run for 100
or 1000 times.

It's possible that some non-memory resource in the NT kernel is
consumed.  It's also possible that it's just hardware problems with my
machine.

Jason Rumney writes:
> OK, I've checked it in.

Thanks.