Re: Customize buttons that change user's customfileshouldaskforconfirmat

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Customize buttons that change user's customfileshouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:07:14 -0600 (CST)

Lennart Borgman wrote:

   >    I thought that every option would require confirmation.
   >
   > You mean every whole-buffer button?  It would be really annoying if
   > just setting or saving an individual option would ask for confirmation.

   Yes, that was the context.

This is one of the proposed changes I do agree with.  I never use the
whole-buffer buttons, but after setting custom-file to a junk file
(this is one instance where setting custom-file in a running Emacs
_is_ useful), I noticed that it is way to easy to accidentally click
on these buttons or accidentally hit return with point accidentally on
them.  I believe that confirmation should be asked, dired style, with
a list of affected options.  This situation has existed for a long
time now, so I do not believe that it is imperative to do this before
the release and I believe that it is better to wait.

This is a clearly implementable and limited change if we would decide
to do it.  If we decide to do it after the release, then I believe
that there is no sense in discussing implementation details now.

Sincerely,

Luc.