Re: proofreading man/dired.texi

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: proofreading man/dired.texi
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 05:35:48 -0500

    BTW, I noticed that wdired seems to be a bit unintuitive:

     (1) The function name "wdired-change-to-wdired-mode" is bizarre; why
    not just `wdired-mode'????  Is there another way one is supposed to
    enter it?

     (2) One must hit `C-c C-c' for changes to take effect; this seems a
    bit heavy-weight -- why not just RET (which seems to be what other
    systems use)?

     (3) Similarly, in analogy to other systems, it might be nice if there
    was some obvious visual indication that wdired was active and
    filenames "open for editting" -- e.g., if the filenames looked like a
    customize-style "input field" (one might even use the same abstract
    face for both, e.g. define an `input-field' face, and have customize
    inherit from it).

    Thoughts?

They all seem like good ideas--I think you should change them.
But it would be good to talk with the wdired maintainer first.