Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom fileshouldaskforconfirma

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom fileshouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:44:01 +0100

> Here's a case of someone who really wants the whole-buffer buttons.
>
> If the two of you can figure out what basic difference leads you to
> prefer these different modes of use, we might learn something from
> that.

Both of us seem to primarily customize one option at a time --
so it's mostly a matter of how far you have to move the mouse
to active that changes...

My main objection to the customize interface is the long babble
at the start of the buffer and the long text on the buttons.

IMO, this is VERY dissimilar to other applications, and sort of
indicates to the movice user that the Customize interface is very
different from and much more complex than what the user is familiar
with.

A simpler interface with a "one line" button bar (prefeably in
the header line when supported) like this

    [Set]  [Save]  [Load]  [Finish]

would be ideal IMO.