Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom fileshouldaskforconfirma

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom fileshouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:45:26 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luc Teirlinck" <address@hidden>

> So I did talk about "setting" _in addition_ to looking at the choices,
> without setting anything.  But the point remains that just looking at
> the possible choices for an option, without setting anything, poses a
> danger if the whole buffer buttons are used, as I explained.

I agree with your points, but is not this the case with most options
dialoges? I myself have often found that I have lost track of what I am
doing in those dialoges in other applications. To be sure to avoid trouble I
then hit Cancel and start it over again. I guess many users do like that.

I think this habit is useful and I believe it will carry over to Emacs as
well if the options dialog is sufficiently similar to those found in other
applications. And they do have something similar to "whole buffer buttons".