RE: follow-link in grep buffer

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: follow-link in grep buffer
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:33:25 -0800

    I just installed a change so that a mouse-1 click only follows a link
    if the window is already selected.

    The tooltip will now say to use mouse-2 to follow a link in a
    non-selected window and to use mouse-1 in a selected window.

I don't think it's a good idea to put the info about mouse-2 in the tooltip
here; I would leave it out, to simplify the explanation.

Using mouse-2 to select a link in a non-selected window is not necessary,
anyway - users can just click mouse-1 to select the window first. Keeping
this extra info in the tooltip will only confuse novices (and others). Users
quickly get used to the Windows behavior without any explanation that their
first click in a non-selected window does not follow a clicked link.