Re: follow-link in grep buffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: follow-link in grep buffer
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:11:45 -0500

    The grep buffer is an example. If I try to place the
    cursor anywhere on a line before the end of a match, the associated file
    pops up in another buffer. However I might just want to select that window
    to resize it.

When you found this not to your taste, were you aware about the aspect
that Mouse-1 does not follow links if you move the mouse at all?
Is that method of avoiding the problem adequate?

Stefan wrote:

    Based on your example, I'd say another option might be:
    - if the click is used to give focus, then don't follow the link.

I would not object to that, if the other developers find it
convenient, and assuming that "move the mouse" is not an adequate
solution for your problem.