Re: follow-link in grep buffer

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: follow-link in grep buffer
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:24:01 +0000 (UTC)

    ... intuitive

`Intuitive' is the wrong word.  When I started with a windowing
system, my mnemonic was `m means menue'.  That is because the middle
mouse button on that system evoked a menu.

In this window, `m means mouse-yank-at-click'.  This is different.

As for `set point', `set mark', `paste': that seems good to me as
left mouse, right mouse, middle mouse, even though I use my left hand
with my mouse, which some people say should mean that I reverse the
button bindings.

What you are saying is that many people have learned first to use
other applications than Emacs and have learned their mouse bindings.
And not being an old, integrated environment, a virtual Lisp machine
with a built-in editor (as well as nowadays, at least two Web
browsers), they learned to press the number one mouse button (be it on
the left or the right) to follow a link of some sort rather than to
set point.

I do not see anything wrong with that, so long as the links are small
enough that I can, if need be, copy or delete the region when editing
it; but please do not use the word `intuitive' for what is learned
process.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8