RE: follow-link in grep buffer

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: follow-link in grep buffer
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:18:59 -0800

    > Bad generalization. A better generalization is "Whenever David
    > discusses something, he screams like Howard Dean in Iowa." But
    > neither generalization is very good.

    Whatever.  Enough people have pointed out by now that they see little
    merit or sense or consistency or logic in my proposals.  So I'll just
    stop screaming and let others decide.

Chalk that one up to my bad sense of humor - I apologize. None of us need ad
hominem arguments; I was trying to say that, sarcastically, by making such
an argument myself.

FWIW, I don't find your double-click-to-follow+single-click-to-set-pt
suggestion worse than my opposite idea. In fact, your reference to the
coding guideline about click-1 and click-2 convinced me that my suggestion
was not a good one. Thanks for that reminder.

I doubt too that people in general see "little sense" in your proposals in
general or in this proposal, in particular. Quite the contrary.

I personally think it's worth kicking this particular design problem around
a little more, to see if the discussion doesn't come up with something
elegant. There have been several proposals so far that I find acceptable,
but I don't think we've yet reached that "Eureka!" moment that brings a
really contented consensus. It's not as if this problem is critical or
urgent. We can do something not-too-unreasonable for the current release and
think about it some more for later.