Re: tex-mode.el

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: tex-mode.el
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:16:57 -0600 (CST)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

   When tex-mode.el from current CVS is compiled, it produces the
   following warning:

     In tex-mode:
     tex-mode.el:818:8:Warning: function `tex-mode' defined multiple times in
this
         file

   Is this okay?

There is the following comment:

(define-derived-mode tex-mode text-mode "generic-TeX"
  (tex-common-initialization))
;; We now move the function and define it again.  This gives a warning
;; in the byte-compiler :-( but it's difficult to avoid because
;; `define-derived-mode' will necessarily define the function once
;; and we need to define it a second time for `autoload' to get the
;; proper docstring.
(defalias 'tex-mode-internal (symbol-function 'tex-mode))
;;;###autoload
(defun tex-mode ()

Sincerely,

Luc.