Re: Lisp debugger problems.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Lisp debugger problems.
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:26:00 -0500

    What I don't understand in why debug-on-entry and
    cancel-debug-on-entry call debugger-reenable as well (thus causing the
    strange behavior in the example above).  What am I missing?

I am not certain.  Perhaps the idea was in case you do
debugger-jump but you don't reenter the debugger.
In that case, debugger entry would be turned off permanently
in those functions.

If so, this solution is just a half measure.  We really should arrange
to reenable debugger entry for these functions whenever control gets
back to the command level outside the debugger.  This could be done
by frobbing post-command-hook somehow.

Meanwhile, it would be nice and clean if redefining a function
with defun, defmacro, defsubst or defalias were smart enough
to turn debug-on-entry back on if it was on before.

Want to do that?