Re: xassert in dispextern.h

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: xassert in dispextern.h
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:08:33 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Would it be possible to change the default of xassert to a noop in
> dispextern.h again?  I am asking this because of the following
> reasons:

I forgot reason e): I hear from developers that they actually turn
this off in order to have a working Emacs with tolerable performance.
So it would seem that the newbies get an assertion-enabled crashing
Emacs, while more knowledgeable developers turn it off until the time
the might need it.

That's completely backwards.