Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:04:28 +0100

> Does anyone else agree that this option should be in the Options menu?
>
> What do other applications do about this?  My version of mozilla has
> no way to change whether the cursor blinks, but it is rather old.

I think the contentious issue is that we are having both a block
cursor as well as blinking.  Either choice alone would not worry
anybody.  The standard "text insertion" cursor for other apps is '(bar
. 1), but that is quite too inconspicuous when you are looking for it
on a full screen of text (as opposed to a small text entry field).
'bar is pretty much usable in contrast (apparently width 2, at least
on my display).  That kind of cursor has the advantage that it can be
_between_ letters, and it is in pretty common use.  I have mixed
feelings about that.