Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:53:04 +0100

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

>    On the Appearence menu, there could be a Cursor submenu with
>    these choices:
>
>          [x] Blinking
>          <x> Block
>          < > Bar
>          < > Hollow
>
> Please remember the non-selected window, too!
>
> Consider a default mouse user interface like this for a Cursor menu in
> Options that applies to all windows and all frames:
>
>         Selected Window         Non-selected Window
>
>          [ ] Blinking              [ ] Blinking
>
>          <x> Block                 < > Block
>          < > Hollow Block          <x> Hollow Block
>          < > Bar                   < > Bar
>              Width <2>                 Width <2>

And so forth and so on.  Trying to get into hyperbole, right?  We
don't need a blinking non-selected cursor.  And also the menus need
not accommodate _all_ choices.  In a submenu of its own, choices are
cheap to offer, anyway.  I don't see much sense in having a blinking
non-selected cursor.  A full block would be the same as a selected
xterm, and non-blinking small shapes hard to see.  The hollow block
has the disadvantage of not looking good with some ideographs, but I'd
save worrying about that until somebody complains.