Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-line

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-line
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:52:28 +0100

   > C-x g is also bad, it has a already existing keybinding since a
   > long time.
   >
   > C-u C-u C-l, C-x C-g, C-s NN, all seem like good candidates.  Can
   > some Emacs developer just pick one, and define it to goto-line
   > and kill this stupid thread?

   IMHO, `C-x C-g' is a bad choice, because it is supposed to abort
   (C-g) an unintended `C-x'.  I'd vote for `C-x g' or `C-M-g'.

I oppose to C-x g strongly, as for C-x C-g, I think you are wrong
there.  C-x C-g produces "C-x C-g is undefined", ditto for things like
"C-x v C-g".  And then, you always have ESC ESC ESC to the rescue. :-)

Happy hacking!