Too much arguing!

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Too much arguing!
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:29:20 -0500

There is too much arguing on this list.  The argument is a waste of
time and impedes real work, such as preparation of the release.

On nearly every issue that is raised, people argue back and forth
interminably.  It is surely wasting a lot of your time, and if I read
all the messages, it would waste a lot of mine.

I am the one who ultimately decides these questions.  When an argument
gets going, I can't read all the messages, because I don't have time.
I can barely even skim them.  And if I don't read your messages,
they will have no effect on my decision.  So you're wasting your time,
but even worse, you're wasting the time of everyone who does read
the messages, of everyone who sends another long message back.

>From now on, once you have sent a message on an issue, and someone
else argues against what you said, please DO NOT ARGUE BACK.
that issue until you have seen me post a response showing I have
read them both.  This will slow down the arguments so that
(1) they will use less of your time, and (2) I will be able to
read what you say.