Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-lineautolearn=noversion=3.0.2

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-lineautolearn=noversion=3.0.2 autolearn=no version=3.0.2
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 10:27:44 +0900

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:49:13 -0800, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
> FYI - I don't suggest that `goto-line' itself should be changed this way,
> but the code I sent for `goto-line-at-point'

I think goto-line should do it.  Remember, rms's suggestion is that
goto-line use the line number from the buffer as a _default_, not jump
there immediately.  I think that is very desirable, as such heuristics
can guess wrong, and this gives the user a chance to correct a mistake
(and for the many cases where the default is correct, hitting RET to
accept it is quick and painless).

Also it looks like `goto-line' will get a convenient key-binding (M-o)... :-/

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.