Re: When is hourglass shown?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: When is hourglass shown?
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 13:00:24 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan D." <address@hidden>

> This does not always work, as in the case of M-x indent-region versus
> C-M-\.  Both starts the hourglass timer, but the first stops it
> directly afterwards.

I am glad you took this up since it is rather confusing when trying to get
things working on w32 (where it currently does not work at all as far as I
can see). What is the reason it is stopped when using M-x? Is this a general
behaviour when using M-x or is it just indent-region?

On w32 I notice that the cursor is changed from an arrow (if outside the
text) to the same cursor that is used when it is over text. I have not been
able to find where this change is done yet. Is this the behaviour under X
Windows too?