Re: When is hourglass shown?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: When is hourglass shown?
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 15:11:49 +0000

"Lennart Borgman" <address@hidden> writes:

> On w32 I notice that the cursor is changed from an arrow (if outside the
> text) to the same cursor that is used when it is over text. I have not been
> able to find where this change is done yet. Is this the behaviour under X
> Windows too?

The change to enable mouse cursors on w32 was this one. You should be
able to get the diffs from CVS, or through the HTTP interface on
savannah.gnu.org.

2003-01-21  KOBAYASHI Yasuhiro  <address@hidden>

        * w32term.h (struct w32_output): New member hand_cursor.
        (WM_EMACS_SETCURSOR): New message definition.

        * w32term.c (note_mode_line_highlight): Delete #if 0 to enable
        function w32_define_cursor.
        (note_mouse_highlight): Initialize, setup cursor accoding to mouse
        position, change member name output_data.x to output_data.w32 and
        add function w32_define_cursor.
        (show_mouse_face): Delete #if 0 to enable function w32_define_cursor
        and change member name output_data.x to output_data.w32.
        (w32_initialize_display_info):
        Setup dpyinfo->vertical_scroll_bar_cursor.

        * w32fns.c (Vx_hand_shape): New variable.
        (w32_wnd_proc): Add message entries for WM_SETCURSOR and
        WM_EMACS_SETCURSOR.
        (x-create-frame): Setup Cursor types.