Re: Tooltips on w32 slow and strange

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Tooltips on w32 slow and strange
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:43:15 +0000

Lennart has been looking at this. He sent me some replacement files for w32term.c etc, but I have not had time to look at it, and he has not had time to send it as a patch which would be more convenient for me.

Stephan Stahl wrote:

Hi.

Some people have been looking into this..  Are there any news?

I remembered this old Mail from Lennart Borgman:
"Status bar gets face Mode Line Inactive after Alt-Tab"
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-12/msg00366.html

This seems to have the same cause as those problems with the tooltips
on w32.  When i use Alt-Tab the mode line does not get updated (still
the mode-line-inactive face) while it gets updated (mode-line face)
when using C-x 5 o.

Jason Rumney said it could be that the focus gained messages from the
OS are not handled correct.  Any tips to were i could start looking
for clues?  So far my knowledge of the emacs internals is very low..

Stephan