Re: require-hard-newlines to use newline

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: require-hard-newlines to use newline
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:03:17 -0500

    If I understood correctly, we do not like code included with the Emacs
    distribution to use `defadvice'.  longlines.el uses defadvice for
    `newline', `kill-region', `copy-region-as-kill', `yank' and `yank-pop'.

Yes,it would be good to think about other mechanisms to use instead
of that.  Yidong, would you like to think about what kind of new hook
might make it possible to do the job?