Re: English usage bug in bytecomp.el

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: English usage bug in bytecomp.el
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:10:56 +1300

 > That's not too bad, although I prefer the "has been" variant. Here is
 > yet another using a fairly simple past tense with a word that might
 > not be known to non-programmers:
 >
 >   FOO was deprecated in 21.4

Yes, this a good point. Obsolete generally means that it has been removed from
the code cannot be used but the that doesn't appear to be the case
here. Deprecated (at least in the programming world/US) means that it can
still be used but it will become obsolete shortly.

Perhaps the directory emacs/lisp/obsolete should be renamed
emacs/lisp/deprecated, make-obsolete-variable -> make-deprecated-variable etc

Nick