isearch-forward and Info-search

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: isearch-forward and Info-search
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:32:35 +1300

If I look for something in an Info manual, I use Info-search (s) and if I
looked for something on a particular page, I would use isearch-forward
(C-s). However, now isearch-forward now also searches the subsequent manual
pages and takes me away from the page I'm interested in. That seems a bit
redundant and also inappropriate. How about, if isearch-forward doesn't find
what its looking in the current file, it starts searching all other files in
the same directory, computer, universe...?

Maybe theres been a long thread about this which I've missed, in which case
I apologise but is there a variable to change this behaviour back to the
old one? Could it be made the default?

I've also noticed that if you abort a search (C-s) before it gets to the end
of the manual the formatting of the links on the current page gets messed up.

Nick