Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-line

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-line
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:32:51 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> 2. goto-line is not too frequent command to deserve the sole
> M-g key.  There are many other goto-related commands that could
> share the same mnemonics and have the common M-g prefix key.

Brilliant ideas!!  I second ALL of your suggestions.

One command I use quite often is "find-file-and-line-near-point" which
takes something like FILE:LINE "near" the cursor and jumps to LINE in
FILE.

I use this when I look at backtraces in bug-reports (of course, I
already have code which can do this, but a logical binding would be
nice).

M-g j would be an excellent binding for this.