Re: isearch-forward and Info-search

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: isearch-forward and Info-search
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:33:08 +0200

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
> Maybe theres been a long thread about this which I've missed, in which case
> I apologise but is there a variable to change this behaviour back to the
> old one?

The variable is `Info-isearch-search' and when set to nil it changes
the behavior to the old one.

> Could it be made the default?

Let's try to fix the new behavior and see if it will satisfy most
people.  Would you like it if isearch failed before proceeding to the

> I've also noticed that if you abort a search (C-s) before it gets to the end
> of the manual the formatting of the links on the current page gets messed up.

This looks like a bug, but I can't reproduce it.  Could you provide
a precise receipt to reproduce it?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/