Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-line

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-line
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:24:23 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> It would be useful to move `dired-jump' to dired.el and to modify it
> to ask the file name with the default set to buffer-file-name (or to
> create a new similar function and bind it to M-g f).

I can second the suggestion to move `dired-jump' to dired.el, it's one
of the most useful commands in Dired.  But jumping to an unrelated file
doesn't sound that intuitive to me, and I definitely don't want to have
to confirm the command each time I use it.

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | But you don't care for me and
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | I don't care now for anybody.