Re: thai-word.el updated

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: thai-word.el updated
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:53:00 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

>     I'm very sorry to say no.  I don't forget about it but my
>     todo list keeps on getting longer and don't have a time to
>     work on it.  :-(

> Do you think it is ok for someone else to install it?

It's ok for me.  I'll attach the file thai-word.el which
Werner sent to me long ago.  90% of the file is just a list
of Thai words which has the following copyright notice.

;; The used Thai word list has been taken from IBM's ICU4J project
;; (file `thai6.ucs', version 1.4, converted to TIS encoding, with
;; removal of three incorrect entries) to which the following license
;; applies:
;;
;;   COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSION NOTICE
;;
;;
;;   Copyright (c) 1995-2001 International Business Machines
;;   Corporation and others
;;
;;   All rights reserved.
;;
;;
;;   Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
;;   obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation
;;   files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without
;;   restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,
;;   copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, and/or sell copies of
;;   the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
;;   furnished to do so, provided that the above copyright notice(s)
;;   and this permission notice appear in all copies of the Software
;;   and that both the above copyright notice(s) and this permission
;;   notice appear in supporting documentation.
;;
;;   THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
;;   EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES
;;   OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
;;   NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
;;   COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR HOLDERS INCLUDED IN THIS NOTICE BE LIABLE
;;   FOR ANY CLAIM, OR ANY SPECIAL INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES,
;;   OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR
;;   PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER
;;   TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR
;;   PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
;;
;;   Except as contained in this notice, the name of a copyright
;;   holder shall not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote
;;   the sale, use or other dealings in this Software without prior
;;   written authorization of the copyright holder.

Please decide whether to install this file as is, or to
extract the word-list part into a seperate file
(e.g. etc/THAI-WORDS) and add a mechanism to autoload it.
In the latter case, I think the remaining code (300 lines)
can be merged into language/thai-util.el.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden