Re: Hourglass only for X-windows?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Hourglass only for X-windows?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:03:28 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Rumney" <address@hidden>

> >>I have implemented code for hourglass on w32 now (or rather I should say
> >>Dave Hunter has done it, I just did a small amount of typing). Could we
> >>please get a decision on the issue above so that it is possible to get
this
> >>working with the CVS code? (The hourglass code in keyboard.c is
currently
> >>only called if HAVE_X_WINDOWS is defined.)
> >>

> >I suggest adding WINDOWSNT to HAVE_X_WINDOWS in the condition for
> >calling the hourglass code.  Would that resolve the issue?
> >

> HAVE_NTGUI is better than WINDOWSNT here, I think.

I think it would be much more readable if we had a special define. This was
my suggestion earlier:

> I suggest removing the "#ifdef HAVE_X_WINDOWS" completely or (which I
> believe most would like better - but not I) replacing them with something
> like
>
>     #ifdef HAS_HOURGLASS

In the light of your answers I do not believe you want to remove these
ifdefs so I suggest now we do something like:

   #if HAVE_HOURGLASS

I do not know where to put this definition however, "hourglass" is found in
the following files:

dispextern-jan.h
dispextern.h
macterm.h
msdos.h
w32term.h
xterm.h
eval.c
fns.c
keyboard-jan.c
keyboard.c
lread.c
macfns.c
macterm.c
minibuf.c
w32fns.c
xdisp.c
xfns-jan.c
xfns.c
xterm.c

Should it go into some header file or into the makefiles?