"Match whole word only" "Match case"

From: Tak Ota
Subject: "Match whole word only" "Match case"
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:20:56 -0800 (PST)

Many word processors and text editors I know have explicit options to
opt for "Match case" and "Match whole word only" when searching and
replacing text strings.  These features are not so obvious under
emacs.  Though it is not a big deal for seasoned emacs users I cannot
imagine a novice user to discover and manipulate case-fold-search
variable or start using \b in regular expression search.  The need for
those feature is pretty basic and even a novice user may sometimes
want to use.  Do you think it is worth considering to have these
search options to be explicit choice from the Edit->Search and
Edit->Replace menu?

-Tak