Re: Documentation for GUD tooltips

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Documentation for GUD tooltips
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:16:33 -0500

    Maybe it is a bug but no-one has complained about it, probably because not
    many people use GUD tooltips. The comments in tooltip.el suggest that this
is
    a kludge to avoid display problems (Gerd Moellmann?), so I'm not sure that
    there is an easy fix. There are other problems that I would like to fix such
    as the fact that if GUD tooltips display in the echo area then so must
    ordinary tooltips, but these are not showstoppers. Surely solving these
    problems should wait till after the release?

This is a bug fix; in principle, there is no reason to delay it.
If it would require fundamental changes, then we don't want to
install them now.  If it can be done in a localized way,
then it need not wait.