Re: Hourglass only for X-windows?

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Hourglass only for X-windows?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:28:42 +0900

> Jason Rumney wrote:
>> I do think that once we have X and W32 (or X and Mac) support for a
>> feature like this, it is probably worth using HAVE_WINDOW_SYSTEM,
>> and providing a stub implementation for the other platform.

> Since most window systems use a busy cursor of some form, this makes
> the most sense to me.

The attached is a patch for "hourglass cursor" support on Carbon
Emacs.  Actually, it doesn't change the cursor shape but shows a
progress indicator at the upper-right corner of each frame.  I did so
because Apple Human Interface Guidelines discourage the use of the
busy cursor on Mac OS X, and it seemed to be easier to implement for
me.

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/XHIGCursors/chapter_6_section_2.html

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden