Re: lisp/generic.el patch.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: lisp/generic.el patch.
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:53:20 -0500

> and fixed some minor things along the way.  Does anybody see any
> problems with this patch?

When loading a byte-compiled file that used define-generic-mode, I think
you'll get an error that generic-mode-list is not defined (because
generic.el doesn't get loaded: the autoload caused generic.el to be loaded
during byte-compilation, but it doesn't have any such effect when loading
the macro-expanded code).

Of course, maybe I'm wrong, I've only superficially looked at the patch.

        Stefan