Re: Tooltip pops up when moving mouse

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Tooltip pops up when moving mouse
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:35:49 +0100

Lennart Borgman wrote:

You can (perhaps) see another version of this problem if you slowly move the
mouse over a link. The tooltip pops up and immediately disappears again.

That I am seeing this problem may depend on both that I have a slow pc and
that I am using w32. I believe it is a thread issue. Mouse movements are
detected by the UI thread, but I believe that the lisp timer for the tooltip
popup runs in the lisp thread. I do not know if the problem is there on X
Windows as well but I would believe it.

It is not.  And by the way:

The X Consortium requests that the following names be used when refer-
      ring to this software:

                                  X Window System
                                   X Version 11
                            X Window System, Version 11