Re: Non-ASCII in Lucid menus

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Non-ASCII in Lucid menus
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:32:04 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:

Just to make sure I understand your judgment: you think it's not important
because the difference is minor, or because the "new" default (if
different") is also different for other apps and so it's still considered as
a legitimate default, or ...

All of the above, but I think applications should be allowed to change the defaults as long as it is possible to override it. Anyway, fonts is a matter of taste, you can't please everyone.

In any case, here is the new improved patch.  This new patch should also
enable non-ASCII in Motif menus, although I haven't actually checked it.

I think you can have that already as long as your menu strings are in your locale. It works for me :-)

   Jan D.