Re: file-name-shadow-mode

From: Matt Hodges
Subject: Re: file-name-shadow-mode
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:16:23 +0000

 > Hi, if I remember correctly, we had agreed a long time ago to make
 > file-name-shadow-mode active by default for the release.

 > Seemingly, this has not happened yet.  I think the discussion
 > petered off after somebody asked how one could actually auto-enable
 > some minor mode.

 > I am using this all of the time.  Any comment?  I find this _very_
 > useful not only for beginners.

I agree that it's very useful.  Furthermore, in a 256-colour xterm

    (setq file-name-shadow-tty-properties file-name-shadow-properties)

works perfectly well.  I checked a 16-colour xterm, and needed to make
the foreground colour of file-name-shadow face darker (gray30) for it
to be easily-distinguishable from a white background.

Matt