Re: Gnus smiley: transparent is taken to be white.

From: Rajsekar
Subject: Re: Gnus smiley: transparent is taken to be white.
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:09:03 +0530

address@hidden (Gian Uberto Lauri) writes:

> R> I like to use emacs with black background.  I use some png files for my
> R> gnus smiley.  The problem is that the transparent portions of the png file
> R> are rendered white (instead of black).  Is this a bug? any workarounds?
>
> If you use GIMP set the  background color to Black and check the "save
> background colorĀ° check (could work with other programs)

Yeah, I did something like that.  I flattened the image (in gimp), thus
removing the transparent portion, but isn't it more of a workaround?  The
transparent part is to tell the rendering application that it should put
the background color there.  I will have to take a look at smiley.el for
that.  Maybe after tomorrow's exam.

--
    Rajsekar Manokaran