Re: Antialiased text on X11

From: Ali Ijaz Sheikh
Subject: Re: Antialiased text on X11
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:21:06 -0500

Han Boetes wrote:
Stefan Monnier wrote:

A Cairo port will probably make sense at some point, but I think that
anti-aliasing support for X11 (using xft) is more urgent.

A lot of people _think_ they need AA support. Until I tell them about
the terminus-font that is. :-)

I think that is a generalization; and a matter of opinion.

I have tried the terminus font; and atleast
a hundred other fonts. The fact of the matter is that anti-aliased fonts specially on LCD screens look much better than non-antialiased fonts. Its rather sad that I have to use xemacs on windows (such a heresy) in order to have my fonts antialised.

Ali