Re: Type Ahead Find

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Type Ahead Find
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:46:42 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
>> Something like:
>>
>>    Global info I-search:  foo
>>
>> [Maybe "Cross-node" would be better than "Global"?]
>>
>> or whatever would be even more similar to the existing "Wrapped", get
>> the point across well, and address your concern about the prompt size
>> bouncing around excessively.
>
> I don't like "[initial node]" too.  Your idea of using a prefix
> looks better.  We could have the following prefixes:

Again: I don't like the left-right jump of the minibuffer caused by
that.  If there really is a need for that kind of information, can't
we put this in the mode-line lighter of Isearch mode?

Like Isearch/Wrapped, Isearch/X-Node...

Then the information is available in case of need, but does not take
up room and concentration in the minibuffer.