Re: Todays exercise of sanity (or does "see" really match "not"?)

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Todays exercise of sanity (or does "see" really match "not"?)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:49:59 -0600 (CST)

Lennart Borgman wrote:

   Place yourself at the top of the node "Special Characters in Regular
   Expressions" in Info. The press C-s for I-search and type "not" and press
   C-s a couple of time. Does this stop on "see" for you?

If you do `c' in an Info buffer, you copy the node name
`(elisp)Regexp Special' to the kill ring.  If you include that in your
message, it makes it easier to find for people.

I guess that you have Info-hide-note-references enabled.  The reason
why it stops on "see" is that the actual text in the buffer is:
(*note Character Sets::). and note matches "not".

Sincerely,

Luc.