Re: Options menu

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Options menu
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:37:06 +0100

> I think this is a tempest in a teapot, and I wish people
> would drop this subject and move on to fixing some of the bugs
> that have recently been reported.

Just FYI, Drew took this off-list with a few people copied, and
basically he and I seemed to be the only ones more than marginally
interested, and we wildly disagreed (Drew's standpoint being that
every menu should have its own "Save Options" and never save what is
not in the menu itself, and I completely opposed).

Since repeating back one's arguments between two persons is not
getting anywhere (and probably nobody would be interested in the
outcome, anyway), I quit as well.

So that was that.  I still think it a mistake that "Save Options" will
not even bother to ask whether it should also save options one set
with "Customize", and I had been willing to implement that proposal,
but as no agreement can be reached, let's just keep this as it has
been before.  Shrug.

To make up for it, I fixed some bugs in textprop.c.