Re: Possible change to startup.el

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Possible change to startup.el
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:55:05 +0200

> Having the list of languages is good, but I think we also need to
> include a message in the user's language (as derived from the current
> locale), as others have suggested.

Below is an alist of locales and tutorial titles extracted from first lines
of etc/TUTORIAL* files to put onto the link to the corresponding tutorial
depending on the current locale:

'((nil     . "Emacs tutorial")
  ("bg"    . "въведението на Емакс")
  ("cn"    . "Emacs 快速指南")
  ("cs"    . "tutoriál k Emacsu")
  ("de"    . "Einführung in Emacs")
  ("es"    . "tutorial de Emacs")
  ("fr"    . "Didacticiel d'Emacs")
  ("it"    . "Esercitazione di Emacs")
  ("ja"    . "Emacs 入門ガイドです")
  ("ko"    . "이맥스(Emacs) 지침서입니다")
  ("nl"    . "Emacs-inleiding")
  ("pl"    . "krótki samouczek Emacsa")
  ("pt_BR" . "tutorial do Emacs")
  ("ro"    . "tutorialului de Emacs")
  ("ru"    . "учебник Emacs")
  ("sk"    . "tútorial k Emacsu")
  ("sl"    . "Prvo berilo za Emacs")
  ("sv"    . "användarhandledningen till Emacs")
  ("th"    . "ท่านกำลังศึกษาคู่มือการใช้อีแมกส์")
  ("zh"    . "Emacs 快速指南"))

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/