`illegal' vs. `invalid'

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: `illegal' vs. `invalid'
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:56:16 +0100 (CET)

Doing a grep search for `illegal' in the CVS tree of emacs I find many
places where it should be `invalid' instead -- the same holds for
`legal' which should often be replaced with `valid'.  It's amazing for
me as an Austrian to see that native English speakers normally don't
make a clear distinction between those two words in daily speech.

I wonder whether such glitches shall be fixed before the next release,
and whether it should be fixed at all.

    Werner