Re: Coding systems and Terminal.app on Mac OS X

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Coding systems and Terminal.app on Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 00:34:55 +0100

Hello!

Terminal.app is a complicated application and clearly not finished (with ls in Terminal I can't see UTF-8 file names correctly, only a??o??u????U??O??A?????, doing it in Emacs' shell I see a\314?o\314?u\314?\303?U\314?O\314?A\314?\342?\254 and in dired as the correct string äöüßÜÖÄ€ as in Finder too).

Maybe we should try to adjust our settings. I have in Terminal's «Window Preferences»

        in *Emulation* set
Option+Click to position cursor in command line
(non-ASCII -> Esc is not active/checked)

        in *Monitor* set
Lucida Sans Typewriter Regular (a font from the Java Runtime Environment)
anti-aliasing
Copy&Paste with moving/dragging
UTF-8 encoding

        in *Keyboard* /not/ set